Haltech is Hiring: Operations and Program Manager
Date: May 31, 2021
Haltech is hiring for the position of Operations and Program Manager. Haltech is a non-profit organization that helps technology entrepreneurs and companies to connect, collaborate and transform good ideas and product innovations into well positioned, growing ventures. Since 2012 we have supported over 900 start-ups and entrepreneurs in Halton region with our wide range of education events, business advisory services, entrepreneur development and innovation ecosystem support.
Haltech is a non-profit organization funded by the Ontario Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade and our corporate sponsors. We focus on helping technology and innovation entrepreneurs at all stages of development grow and navigate the path to profitability. We offer education, advisory and mentorship support, and strategic connections to our clients. As one of the 17 regional innovation centres in Ontario, we partner closely in our region and outside to support our clients’ success and drive economic impact.
Innovation and mentorship are at the heart of what we do at Haltech. We focus on community and ecosystem development and embrace diversity and inclusion. The Haltech team works in a collaboratively and each member brings creativity, and a desire to help start up innovation and technology companies succeed.
Main Purpose of Job:
The Operations and Program Manager for Haltech Regional Innovation Centre is responsible for defining and delivery of the necessary programs, events and community outreach that best serve the needs of clients, sponsors, and partners of the organization. This role is also responsible for the overall effective operations.
This role reports to the Executive Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
Programs & Events:
- Lead the team in defining the necessary programs, educational sessions and strategic events that will serve the organization’s objectives and support clients, sponsors and partners in achieving their goals (target yearly plan with monthly and quarterly reviews and updates)
- Manage the delivery of programs, sessions and events including arranging logistics, speakers, marketing, budgeting and measuring effectiveness through surveys and follow up
- Report on results and make recommendations for changes (monthly and quarterly review)
- Collaborate with other Regional Innovation Centres (RICs) and regional partners to leverage best practices and share learning with Haltech team
- Work closely with marketing to drive awareness of programs/events and opportunities with Haltech
- Advise team of regional events and provide input of which ones should be attended by staff
Contracts/Operations/Partners & Sponsors
- Manage job grant programs and ensure Haltech hires deliver on program requirements
- Onboard/off board contractors and other staff
- Set up and manage the procedures of onboarding and communicating EIRs, mentors and other advisors.
- Manage sponsor relationships and interactions to ensure requirements are met and potential conflicts are managed.
- Support the Executive Director and Board of Directors by setting up required meetings, preparation documents, taking minutes etc.
- Enable sponsorships through creating and maintain database of contacts, signed commitments and referrals, research new sponsors, alignment to categories.
- Provide support to CEO for business planning, interactions with government funding partners, ONE members and corporate sponsors
- As required, assist Finance Manager with reporting, administration etc.
- Manage the allocation of equipment assets and operational logistics to ensure effective business operations and budget management; duties to include managing office equipment and maintenance, key control and IT service requests and other as required.
- Assist CEO as required for special strategic projects
- Post-secondary education in related fields such as business, administration, marketing events management etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skill and ability to manage across multiple levels and organizations
- Exceptional planning, organizational and budgeting skills
- Relationship management and stakeholder engagement
- Knowledge of innovation, entrepreneurship, and Halton Region
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at a time
- Analytical and capable of problem solving
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, social media tools (primarily LinkedIn and Twitter); knowledge of XRM systems.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com