Haltech is hiring and looking for enthusiastic and driven individuals to join our team to make a lasting impact on the startup innovation and technology community in Halton Region.
About Haltech Regional Innovation Centre
Haltech is one of 17 Regional Innovation Centres (RICs) across the province of Ontario. As a non-profit corporation our mission is to empower all innovative companies to realize their full potential through education, advisory services, and strategic connections.
We are looking for someone to join our team as a Business Innovation Consultant. If you are interested in entrepreneurship, innovation, working with a highly collaborative team in a dynamic environment where diversity and inclusion are valued and contributing to client success is the focus, we would like to hear from you.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Haltech:
Haltech Regional Innovation Centre (Haltech) is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion in all aspects of our organization. We believe we are stronger when we not only celebrate our many differences, values, and voices, but include them in practice. This means our organization actively works to understand and remove barriers to equity and inclusion, be they systematic, physical, or otherwise. In addition, we are committed to ongoing learning and development in the areas of equity, diversity, and inclusion so that we can apply an “equity lens” in all areas of our business. Further, Haltech will adhere to the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians for Disabilities Act at all times.
Haltech is a supportive atmosphere in a community-focused office. Haltech’s hiring practices are aligned with human rights laws, which guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of race, colour, creed/religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, mental or physical disability.
As an employee at Haltech Regional Innovation Centre you will actively align with our goals and practices in all aspects of the position, including all client interactions.
The Business Innovation Consultant is an analytical, resourceful, and flexible individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and will be a key team member of the Haltech organization. Key responsibilities include client services, supporting start up and scale up innovation clients, stakeholder relationships, reporting, and advisor management.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Business Consultant:
- Understands the unique challenges of each entrepreneur and then works with each to identify next steps and how to achieve milestones
- Connects clients with Haltech resources, business advisors, and/or connections
- Manages client intake meetings and ensures agreements and documentation related to clients are accurate and up to date
- Maintains relationships with clients and meets on a quarterly basis at minimum to discuss progress and determine other supports that would benefit clients
- Makes relevant referrals to advisors, partners, and other resources in the ecosystem
- Enters details of client meetings into the Client Management System, and ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Oversees the regular collection of metrics for the team and compiles reports suitable for funders (Ministry of Economic Development Job Creation and Trade) reporting on a semi-annual basis
- Assesses the needs of Haltech’s client on a regular basis, including evaluation of new clients’ progress and delivery of business consulting services, and provides input to the Chief Executive Officer on issues, opportunities, and progress toward key metrics
- Utilizes continuous improvement methods to deliver exceptional services to clients, maintain relevant ecosystem relationships, and optimize the CRM and other tools
- Supports the development of the annual business plan and quarterly reports to the Board of Directors
- Works with partners such as local economic development agencies to make the best referrals for client companies
- Manages Advisor relationships to ensure required resources and reporting on a regular basis
- Identifies and arranges relationships with key partners that enable clients to have maximum impact
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant post-secondary education, College diploma or University degree (For example Business, Administration, Communications, Information Technology)
- Strength in writing, research, data analysis, and project management
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- A flexible and a strong client service attitude and ability to work in a confidential environment
- Ability to work fastidiously under tight timelines and manage multiple deadlines
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft suite of software products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and Microsoft CRM
- Exceptional planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in Canada
- Experience as an entrepreneur, working with start-ups or in technology
- CRM experience, particularly Dynamics 365
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for Halton Region, the local tech sector, government and community organizations
- This is a hybrid position. It is expected that you are able to reliably commute to Haltech’s main office 2-3 days per week. Our main Haltech office is located inside TechPlace (5500 North Service Rd., Suite 801, Burlington, ON, L7L 6W6). We also have a second location at 555 Industrial Dr., Milton, ON, L9T 5E1.
- Salary range: $40,000 – $45,000/year plus benefits, vacation and flexible work
- Accommodations can be made for religious holidays not officially recognized in Canada