Haltech hosts over 100 events per year. Both in-person and online events and workshops are a primary method of connecting and educating the innovation community in Halton. The event coordinator will work with the Programs and Operations Manager to plan and execute all events and related activities. This includes the following:
- Writing marketing descriptions for events
- Coordinating with client services to select target audiences
- Working with digital marketing to generate awareness and drive attendance to events
- Managing registration and all related tools
- Track event metrics and statistics for reporting
- Selecting and setting up appropriate online technologies
- Completion of post event follow up activities (satisfaction surveys, CRM input etc.)
- Client communications regarding events and programming
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Have completed a relevant post-secondary education, College diploma or University degree (For example Business, Communication, Event Planning, Project Management)
- Strength in writing, planning, and coordinating, project management
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- A flexible and a strong customer service attitude and able to work in a confidential environment
- Ability to work accurately under tight timelines and manage multiple deadlines and events
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for Halton Region, the local tech sector, government and community organizations
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft suite of software products – Office 365 (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Microsoft Teams) and Dynamics CRM as well as Eventbrite, LinkedIn, Twitter.
- Exceptional planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- 5 days per week; 35 hours per week
- This position will be working from home in the short term and depending on changes with COVID conditions, may also include working from the Haltech Offices in Burlington or Milton
Haltech is a supportive atmosphere in a community-focused office. Haltech’s hiring practices are aligned with human rights laws, which guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, creed/religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, mental or physical disability.
Haltech is based in TechPlace (5500 North Service Road, Burlington) and Milton (555 Industrial Drive). During COVID, the team works remotely.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org