- This event has passed.
CANCELLED | MaRS: Product Manufacturing
November 24 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm EST
An event every day that begins at 10:00 am, repeating until November 25, 2020
About this Event
Everest: Product Manufacturing
This 4-part course takes entrepreneurs through the development steps in preparing a Manufacturing Strategy for their business.
In this session, topics covered include Strategic Sourcing Decision points, Product Design for manufacture, supplier options for production at various scales, quality control, packaging, forecasting and bill of materials preparation. Upon completion of the course, entrepreneurs will understand the basic decisions and elements required for their own lean start manufacturing process, have a Manufacturing Strategy template for their new product, a set of manufacturing vendor options for production and a series of information checkpoints for various implementation steps.
- November 18, 2020, 10:00am – 12:00pm
- November 19, 2020, 10:00am – 12:00pm
- November 24, 2020, 10:00am – 12:00pm
- November 25, 2020, 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Video conferencing capability
- Strong internet connection
Please have your video turned on when joining the session to fully benefit from the material being presented.
Who should attend?
- This course is useful for all ventures planning to do their own manufacturing or for those planning to outsource all manufacturing or some combination of the two.
- The Everest program consists of advanced working sessions where entrepreneurs have the chance to test their assumptions and hypotheses while working through problems within their startups.
- These startups not only have a prototype/ beta or minimum viable product (MVP), but also have a team, some customer validation, and some traction.
- Only available to Regional Innovation Centre (RIC) clients. Please contact your RIC contact for more information.
Please note that to benefit from the peer-to-peer nature of these sessions, all attendees are expected to engage and remain for the full session.
In order to take advantage of Everest, we require participants to give a deposit of $100. This deposit is fully refundable ONLY upon completion of the post-session survey following each session within 5 days of the last session. Given the intimate nature of Everest, and because the success of each session relies on the attendance of ventures, we use the deposit to ensure that ventures will attend when they sign up.
If you are no longer able to attend the session, we require 2 business days’ notice. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret that failure to do so may result in the loss of your deposit.