- This event has passed.
Investment Readiness with David W. Wright
June 2 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am EDT
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Thursday, repeating until June 2, 2022
Do you plan to raise money? Expect to sell your company one day? Going through the due diligence process can be daunting, whether it is your first investment round or you are preparing to sell your entire company. Investment Readiness breaks down the process by introducing 18 questions investors want answers to. Preparing for these will strengthen your pitch and help you better understand your valuation drivers.
In this exclusive program, David W. Wright will share with you his best kept secrets on how to conduct yourself in the capital markets to maximize your potential outcome. Investment Readiness provides you with the tools and structured accountability you need to be confident in front of investors (templates, checklists, and more), as well as a community network of peers who are also working to become investment ready. David has 30 years’ experience as an equity research analyst, investment banker and advisor, working with thousands of technology companies and providing well informed investment advice.
This course is delivered in a hybrid model using online video modules and five weekly sessions with one of the course leaders. Special thanks to Enable Education for providing the learning platform and for working with the course leaders to refine and record the online video modules.
This program is recommended for founders who:
- Want to understand the due diligence process
- Have interest in raising money or selling their company
- Have a product in market
- Are generating revenue
- Have a pitch deck
- Want strategies for enhancing corporate valuation
Session 1: May 5th from 9-10:30AM
- In this introductory session of the course, participants will introduce themselves and their company’s offerings, we will overview the program, provide insight into investors frame of mind, and conduct general Q and A
Session 2: May 12th from 9-10:30AM
- This session will put participants’ answers to the fundamental questions regarding their personal motivation and business concept and discuss why investors should care. We will talk about the a-ha moment, unique product/solution selling propositions and go to market strategies
Session 3: May 19th from 9-10:30AM
- In this session we will focus on technology and innovation of the participant’s business. We will address IP strategy, product roadmap and competition
Session 4: May 26th from 9-10:30AM
- This session will discuss financial positioning. We will address revenue models, forecasting, funding milestones, investment and exit strategies
Session 5: June 2nd from 9-10:30AM
- In the final session of the course, participants will be immersed in a mock investment meeting setting, conducting a business pitch to receive constructive criticism from the panel of industry experts
After completing the program all participants will have opportunity for further 1:1 coaching with mentors of their choice.
*Registration closes April 28th. Registered clients will be admitted to the ThinkScape platform April 28th for 1-week prior early access. Clients should complete respective program modules prior to each session.
Participant Eligibility and Information:
This program is for Haltech clients and other Regional Innovation Centre clients only.
The program cost covers all five sessions at a 50% discounted rate ($199.99 for all five sessions).
Best suited to businesses in Validation or Efficiency stage.
David W. Wright, ICD.D, Founder, Cassio Capital Advisors Inc., Former Executive Director, Angel One Network Inc.
Through Cassio Capital Advisors, David provides advice regarding all aspects of capital markets activities. David is the Former Executive Director at Angel One Network. Prior to launching the advisory business, David spent almost two decades as a highly ranked sellside Equity Research Analyst at BMO Nesbitt Burns and two independent brokers. David has advised numerous corporations on fund raising and acquisition strategies, as well as authored Business Valuation reports identifying value creation strategies. He has analyzed hundreds of technology companies, writing research and investment recommendations and advising institutional clients on equity transactions. In 2002, David was named the Top Stock Picker in North America in the Software Sector by Starmine.