Finance Fundamentals Cohosted with MaRS Everest
June 27 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Monday, repeating until June 27, 2022
Reach out to your Haltech Client Services contact or email@example.com and we will provide you the registration link! Not a Haltech client? Apply Here.
This session is designed to help entrepreneurs understand basic financial concepts and build a forecasting model.
Note: the $50 fee noted in Eventbrite is a refundable deposit only. This is a free session.
Do you understand the financial metrics of your business? Do you want to be ready for the first follow-up on a funding pursuit and be ready with your financial model? Do you want to be able to speak knowledgeably to your accountant, bank or investors about your company finances? Most importantly do you want to have a plan to ensure that you have the necessary cash available when your business needs it? This session is designed to help entrepreneurs understand basic financial concepts and build a forecasting model to use in running their businesses.
- June 13, 2022, 9:00-12:00pm
- June 20, 2022, 9:00-12:00pm
- June 27, 2022, 9:00-12:00pm
*Please note that this is a 3-part session, and each session is 3 hours long. Attendance is required for all sessions.
- Strong internet connection
- Web Camera with video conferencing capabilities
- A thought-out business plan
Please ensure that your camera is on when joining the session to fully participate.
Who should attend?
- Entrepreneurs with established assumptions and hypotheses that are ready to test scenarios while working through problems within their startups.
- Startups with a prototype/ beta or minimum viable product (MVP), but also have a team, some customer validation, and some traction.
- Startups that are unsure of how to fund their business to the next stage
- Only available to Regional Innovation Centre (RIC) clients. Please contact your RIC contact for more information.
Please note that to benefit from the peer-to-peer nature of these sessions, all attendees are expected to engage and remain for the full session.
In order to take advantage of Everest, we require participants to give a deposit of $50. This deposit is fully refundable ONLY upon completion of the post-session survey following each session within 5 days of the last session. Given the intimate nature of Everest, and because the success of each session relies on the attendance of ventures, we use the deposit to ensure that ventures will attend when they sign up.
If you are no longer able to attend the session, we require 2 business days’ notice. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret that failure to do so may result in the loss of your deposit.